BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Docker BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Currently reading
Docker BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Last edited:
I would say just backup the value of the environment variable, remove it and restart the container, try to enter in admin panel. If you have a failure you should be able to restore the environnement variable and try again with the Argon2 generation process. The Argon2 ADMIN token has to be stored in the config file so it should be there and not in env variables

Last edited:
hmmm, looks like something bad happened :(
1699816994160.png

Of course I am inserting a correct admin token (newly generated Argon2 token). I am putting that one which stored in config.json (I checked, it's there).
All client bitwarden apps (browser plugins, mobile app, PC Windows client app and also web dashboard) are working, but I am not able to login to the admin page.

I tried to restart my vaultwarden container, but it did not help.

What now?

EDIT: Ahhh, so now I figured out - what I need to put there is not the admin token, but the password used during the token generation. Weird...
-- post merged: --

but still don't know, what to change to get rid of those red errors from diagnostics>

1699818484934.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.