Currently reading
Docker BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I periodically go into Docker and EXPORT the container into a subdirectory in my Docker shared folder. And, I use hyperbackup to back up the entire Docker shared folder (which includes all the data, settings, etc for all my docker containers/applications) to another NAS every two hours.

I just exported my containers to the docker shared folder, I never included that. Currently I run snapshots on docker shared folder every 12 hours, and hyper backup ever 24 hours off site.

How are you guys backing up Bitwarden (Vaultwarden image)? Is it safe to use hyper backup or snapshot replication to take snapshots considering its a sqlite3 database? Or are you doing backups through the admin page "Backup database?"
I’m using Snapshot & Replication to replicate the docker shared folder, and also Hyperback to backup to another NAS. And I’m also running daily mariadb database dump via script to a local back folder and to a USB thumb-drive.

In case of a disaster and something happens to my docker folder I still have the database safely on a thumb drive.

Don’t know if it is waterproof but it works for me.

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.1.4-11091
How are you guys backing up Bitwarden (Vaultwarden image)
I switched to Docker Compose. Saving the compose YML file (located in /docker/vaultwarden) and backing up the shared folder /docker where my volume mappings reside, covers it all.

I do pretty much the same, except that all my compose files are in git repos and my volumes are stored on "Portworx" (only recommended for k8s/swarm cluster setups, adds no value for a single docker node), which always creates an additional replica per volume. From time to time I "remove" all my deployments, create consistent backups of my volumes and re-reploy everything again.

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
How are you guys backing up Bitwarden (Vaultwarden image)? Is it safe to use hyper backup or snapshot replication to take snapshots considering its a sqlite3 database? Or are you doing backups through the admin page "Backup database?"
Snapshot works just fine for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.