Restyaboard - self-hosted, open source, Trello like kanban board

Docker Restyaboard - self-hosted, open source, Trello like kanban board

Currently reading
Docker Restyaboard - self-hosted, open source, Trello like kanban board

Fehler: Verbindung fehlgeschlagen

Firefox kann keine Verbindung zu dem Server unter
192.168.xxx.xxx:5252 aufbauen
Let me see your container settings and port mappings. Also are you sure that your pgadmin container is running?

Ok, for all reading this...

Problem one: I changed the internal port on pgadmin - don't do that, leave it at 5050.
You can then connect to LOCAL-NAS-IP:321xx (see Details, which port was assigned)

Problem two: Volume-Mapping of postgres - Set Mount Point to: /var/lib/postgresql/data

Then all worked as described above.

Many thanks, @Rusty , for all the help!

Hello to all. Now I'm new here in the forum. I installed the restyaboard v 0.6.8 on an RS814RP+ via docker and all is in function... except registering mail for new users. Users don't get an email notification with the register link to restyaboard. On Ubuntu, Debian machines or VMs it works out of the box with the install.sh from restyaboard. I changed the settings for the mail accounts as explained here, but nothing happens. So the users are shown as unregistered. Is there another container to install and configure to send these mails?

sorry for a delay,

for the Postfix I have in usage this image called boky-postfix1
There s really lean description how to setup this container. And it works for Restya.

My Enviro:

PATH/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
TZ
HOSTNAME"as you wish"
RELAYHOST"name of your mail relay host"
RELAYHOST_USERNAME"your email address for the relay defined in the relay host"
RELAYHOST_PASSWORD"psw for the email defined in the relay host"
RELAYHOST_TLS_LEVEL
MYNETWORKS127.0.0.0/8,10.0.0.0/8,172.16.0.0/12,192.168.0.0/16
ALLOWED_SENDER_DOMAINS"your email SMTP host"
ALLOW_EMPTY_SENDER_DOMAINS
MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT0
INBOUND_DEBUGGING

in Restya container you need just setup enviro:
SMTP_SERVER : "HOSTNAME from Postfix container"

and Link for the Posfix container

Hi jeyare,

sorry for my delay, but too much to do these times. Customers can be so... ;)

Today I've setup a complete new docker installation for my restyaboard. First I made the postgres database installation, then the administration with pgadmin4. At least I'll run the restya installation and made the mail preferences as described in this tutorial from wwwampy. First I tried it seems to fail as before... then I looked at my spam folder... the sh..t is working, even without the postfix container.

... and the special plugins are not so important for me. I've installed a docker Wekan environment too, because a customer think it will be a better alternativ to trello. At my first look there is much more to learn and found restya more intuitiv than Wekan.

Thanks for your time,
best regards from Germany!

Last edited:
Thanks Rusty for this detailed walkthrough. I am sure I did everything like you described, however, I am stuck in the very end. When I start the restya container, the Terminal output says continously:

Code:
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

When I set up the postgres container, the local port 5432 was not available as it already seems to be used. When I checked with sudo netstat -lp (and also here), I realized that AudioStation, Synofoto, and Synoffice also listen to this port. So could this be the reason, why the connection does not work? Since 5432 was not available as local port, I chose 5433 (for the local port of the postgres container, for the server I created with pgadmin, and as POSTGRES_PORT during the restya setup). However, the error message above stays the same.

Update:

I also realized that in the postgres container protocoll, it says:
Code:
LOG:  listening on IPv4 address "0.0.0.0", port 5432
LOG:  listening on IPv6 address "::", port 5432

Did I setup anything wrong? Does anybody has got an idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks Rusty for this detailed walkthrough. I am sure I did everything like you described, however, I am stuck in the very end. When I start the restya container, the Terminal output says continously:

Code:
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

When I set up the postgres container, the local port 5432 was not available as it already seems to be used. When I checked with sudo netstat -lp (and also here), I realized that AudioStation, Synofoto, and Synoffice also listen to this port. So could this be the reason, why the connection does not work? Since 5432 was not available as local port, I chose 5433 (for the postgres container, for the server I created with pgadmin, and as POSTGRES_PORT during the restya setup). However, the error message above stays the same.

Update:

I also realized that in the postgres container protocoll, it says:
Code:
LOG:  listening on IPv4 address "0.0.0.0", port 5432
LOG:  listening on IPv6 address "::", port 5432

Did I setup anything wrong? Does anybody has got an idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
How did you exactly configure local vs container ports for Postgres?

If there is a collision then you did the right thing pushing your container on a separate port. But to make things work your Restya container needs to target the new port for your Postgres.

Looking at the logs output it seems that it still is targeting the wrong port

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast response. When I set up the restya container, I did not find the variables ...
POSTGRES_HOST
POSTGRES_PORT
POSTGRES_USER
POSTGRES_PASSWORD
POSTGRES_DB
... in the environment tab so I created them.

At the moment, the setup looks like this (see attached image)

-- post merged: --

ok found that dumb typo "POSTGRE_HOST" for the host variable. I corrected it, but now the (new) error message from restya is:
Code:
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
    Is the server running on host "192.168.xxx.xxx" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

So restya still doesnt seem to recognize the new port and still sticks to 5432...

Attachments

• setup.png
    setup.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 19
Sry for this misunderstanding. So the postgres container port is as follows:
local port = 5433; container port = 5432; TCP

Or should I change the container port then as well? Btw: Maybe you have missed my second post after I found this dumb typo - sorry for that... The new error now is "connection refused" (see above). So restya seems to actually find the server now but cannot connect to it.

should I change the container port then as well?
No. You only change the local side.

Ok so if the container is reporting this that could mean a real problem with communication (network problem) or it is really not excepting.

Containers running on the same docker host in the same network?

If so, you could try and open a terminal on restya container and test if you can talk to your postgres container on that port.

Last edited:
Containers running on the same docker host in the same network?
Yes. I also tryed "localhost" as "POSTGRES_HOST" and I received this output:
Code:
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
    Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
could not connect to server: Network is unreachable
    Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
Would "localhost" actually be an option, too? (if it would all be set up correctly)
Besides that: restya still tries to access over 5432 - isn't this strange?

If so, you could try and open a terminal on restya container and test if you can talk to your postgres container on that port.
How could I test this? So which command should I use? (I am not that familiar to terminal commands)

Btw: Deactivating the firewall did not change this issue...

Thanks again

How could I test this?
Go via ssh into your nas. elevate to root with sudo -i and then try this

docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash

Use restya container name. It will open a bash command prompt into it.

From there run:

ping yourPostgrescontainer

If that works great. But then you will need to test if they can talk on the postgres port.

from the same bash try this (if nc command is already inside the container it will work):

nc -zv postgresContainerName 5433

Also try with 5432 port.

Let us know what you get

Last edited:
Thank you. I tried it and received the following:
Code:
root@xxxx:~# docker exec -it restyaplatform-restyaboard1 /bin/bash
root@restyaplatform-restyaboard1:/usr/share/nginx/html# ping postgres
PING postgres (172.17.0.2): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.191 ms
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.096 ms
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.100 ms
#and so on#
root@restyaplatform-restyaboard1:/usr/share/nginx/html# nc -zv postgres  5433 
bash: nc: command not found

Besides that the nc command is not yet in the container (could I fix this?), there are two things that I am the whole time really wondering about:
  1. Although I changed the restya environment variable POSTGRES_PORT to 5433, the terminal output always tells me: "[...] Is the server running on host [...] and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?" Didn't restya get it that I changed this port number?! Or is this just a stadard error message that doesn't adjust the used port number?
  2. In the pgadmin statistics table, my "restya" database is listed with the client address "172.17.0.1/32:56607" although I specified a different host IP in the restyas' database's server settings (there I inserted my NAS address like you described). In the ping result above, I also got a 172.17.... address, but a different one. I am confused. Doesn't this mean that my restya environment variable POSTGRES_HOST also should be this 172.17... address?
Thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.