blackvoid Blackvoid's 2nd-anniversary giveaway!

Currently reading
blackvoid Blackvoid's 2nd-anniversary giveaway!

Blackvoid's 2nd-anniversary giveaway!

Happy 2nd birthday! Yes, this little blog is 2y old today. In the spirit of this event, and the fact that March is #WorldBackupDay (31st of March), Blackvoid.club will be doing a giveaway!

DISCLAIMER: In full disclosure the prized device has been bought with my funds, nobody is paying or sponsoring it. Also, nobody is paying or sponsoring this article or this giveaway in any shape or form but myself. This is a giveaway, not a lottery, so no fee or charge is needed to participate. This is a worldwide giveaway.

Why this giveaway and what is it?!?​

As I have already said it is the second anniversary of the site, and I just wanted to give something back celebrating this moment. Over the last year, BV had on average about 4-5k visits a month, which I think is great considering that this is a niche blog site. Some of you have had positive outcomes using the tutorials on the site, and some got some direct help from me that you were kind enough to repay with some donations. I thank all of you very much, not just the donors but all visitors and people who commented. It is the fact that people find pieces of information useful that drive me forward.

Also, we should all be aware of how nowadays our digital content is extremely important to us, right? Well, if you are not, you should be!

#WorldBackupDay is a day to raise awareness of the importance of your data and keeping it safe.

In the spirit of that awareness, I will be giving out one free, no-stings-attached, no entry fee, no charge, device that I think will be beneficial to a lot of people out there.

Even though that most topics on this site are Synology related, for my 1st giveaway I have decided not to give a NAS device, but something that you can use in a combination with it, or if you are not a NAS user at all, you can use it on your desktop device.

This is a device that I personally also use (several types to be exact), and I love it. So without further adieu...

Blackvoid's 1st giveaway will be a brand new, unused, OWC MERCURY ELITE PRO DUAL MINI!

OWC Mercury Elite PRO Dual Mini

Although small in size, this device is a real little beast. Paired with two SSD drives of your choice (SSD are not included!) you can have yourself a real portable, fast, storage that runs on a single USB-C cable!

Just so there is no confusion that this is a real giveaway ;)

10G specs in a light an portable, single-cable device!

These are the results of my "older" model of this device from 2018. Speeds will also depend on the RAID array type and SSDs inside. (RAID0 setup in this example)

Giveaway rules​

To participate in this giveaway here are the rules:

This giveaway will be active from March 1th (00:00 CEST) till March 25th, 2021 (23:59 CEST).

1. At the bottom of this article, you will find the comment section, register with a valid email account (it will be used to contact you in case you win)
  2. Comment as a registered user and tell me how do you keep your data safe so far, as well as how do you see this device being beneficial for you. Note that comments on this article alone will be part of the giveaway!
NOTE: Empty comments, or "+1", "Me PLS!!!" will not be taken into consideration. Please make an effort to comment as step 2 instructed. Also, make sure not to double post. Once you are ready to post, click ONCE and wait for the comment to appear. Sometimes it can take 1sec longer for your comment to become visible.

That's it! You are in.

NOTE: the email addresses that are part of the registration in the comment section will not be used for any other activity other than contacting the winner of this giveaway (and the winner alone). Blackvoid will not sell, exploit or send newsletters, digest emails or perform any similar activities using the registered email addresses.

Announcing the winner​

Any comments made after March 25th will not be taken into consideration as part of the giveaway.

The winner will be chosen randomly (comments that meet the criteria of step 2) and contacted on their registered email.

The winner will be contacted from this email address: [email protected] on the 26th of March 2021.

The winner will have 48h to respond and send her/his contact information needed for the successful delivery of this prize.

If the initial winner will not respond within 48h, another winner will be chosen and given another 48h to respond.

If there will be no response in the second wave by March 30th (00:00 CEST), the giveaway will be void.

Official, public announcement of the giveaway winner will be on March 31st in a new article on this year's #WorldBackupDay. There will also be an update in this current article on the top.

I wish you all good luck and hope you will be interested in this year's prize. Thank you in advance for participating and visiting blackvoid.club!

Continue reading...

OWC makes good products - I was running on two Burly enclosures prior to getting my 1st Syno NAS...
I agree. Have several of their enclosures. Feel like those will last forever. Tnx for the comment and welcome to the giveaway!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.