Question Matrix Synapse

Currently reading
Question Matrix Synapse

Okey, got it working now, but it feels like homeserver.yaml file is ignored? If I changed something, it has no effect. Have you tried avhost/docker-matrix?

Okey, got it working now, but it feels like homeserver.yaml file is ignored? If I changed something, it has no effect. Have you tried avhost/docker-matrix?

Hi

I've installed avhost/docker-matrix, it's working but not completely.
I need to complete setup for nginx (reverse proxy -.well-known part)
I'm still with sqlite.
I consider Postgres once .well-known part is done.

Is somebody completed full install & configuration?

Last edited:
The docker-compose.yml I posted on 3th Jan 2020 does not work anymore, because the strategie on how to configure the application changed: before the homeserver.yml was generated on each container start. Now it needs to be specificly generated with a different set of environment variables, and finaly needs to be run with a different set of environment variables.

Settings like the public_baseurl, database configuration and enabling registration need to applied manualy to the generated homeserver.yml now.
The needed customizations to the reverse proxy configuration go far beyond what the application portal reverse proxy configs allows.

My public_baseurl uses a custom port, which works just fine if it's forwarded from WAN:customport to DS:443 and from their reverse proxied to the container with a custom conf in /etc/nginx/conf.d/http.{whateveryoulike}.conf with following content:
Code:
server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;
    ssl_certificate  /path/to/your/certificates/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /path/to/your/certifcates/privkey.pem;

server_name {your domain, e.g. :matrix.example.com};

location ~* ^(\/_matrix|\/_synapse\/client) {
        proxy_pass http://localhost:8008;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
        # Nginx by default only allows file uploads up to 1M in size
        # Increase client_max_body_size to match max_upload_size defined in homeserver.yaml
        client_max_body_size 50M;
    }
}
Then make sure to reload the configuration with: sudo nginx -s reload

I also managed to make the user: attribute work for postgresql, though it needs an addition read only bind-mount volume: /etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro, as postgres requires the UID actualy to exist in this file.

To leverage the full potential, it is necessary to integrate bridges to other messenger platforms, like whatsapp, signal, telegram, slack and what not.

If someone is experienced in setting up bridges in combination with a dockerized synapse server, all details are welcome!
Let's say: its less straight forward to setup bridges then I imagined it would be.

I would add any contributions to the bootstrap project. Pull requests are welcome as well!

Hello everyone!
I'm looking forward to assembling Docker Matrix Synapse for Synology. If it is already possible to run the Synapse server on Synology, tell me where to find a description of the installation. Thank you for the early.

Hello everyone!
I'm looking forward to assembling Docker Matrix Synapse for Synology. If it is already possible to run the Synapse server on Synology, tell me where to find a description of the installation. Thank you for the early.

I installed this container, but I don't know how to configure it. I am not an advanced user, but just a beginner. I need instructions for tuning to Synology.
-- post merged: --

My docker image does not start

I installed this container, but I don't know how to configure it. I am not an advanced user, but just a beginner. I need instructions for tuning to Synology.
-- post merged: 42 minutes ago --
My docker image does not start
Please open a new thread for support:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.