Reverse Proxy to Odoo 14 redirects to DSM

Currently reading
Reverse Proxy to Odoo 14 redirects to DSM

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this issue for the past four months, I love Odoo and think it is a great application, but without enabling this issue, it is as if we are only using 20 per cent of its productive potential.

What We Can Do

Setting up Odoo with docker will function is a limited state intended for Devs to build/test apps within. So you can:

• Set up Postgres / Odoo docker containers, connect and lead to a default web page
  • Synology: configure RP to use an HTTPS URL to access your default web page
  • Odoo: configure the odoo.conf file to establish the security of Odoo and the optional functionality

Within the odoo.conf file, we have options that can significantly open the application's use case, but this is where I get stuck with deploying Odoo successfully.

The Issue

Within the odoo.conf file, we can set the number of workers using the system within the application using 'workers > 0' when set above 1; this will speed up the usability & processing capabilities of the application.

Once set above 1, this opens the 'longpolling = True' capability of the Odoo, allowing IM communication via port 8072.

The Problem

As I'm using the Synology RP, I have already given access to erp.odoo.com:443 to 192.168.2.5:8069 for our instance, but if I try to recreate another RP for port 8072, I can only establish an HTTP URL instead. Which Odoo log indicates is incorrect, not working and displaying the 'Exception: bus.Bus unavailable' warning within the Odoo logfile.

*This is very similar to the Vaultwarden port issue*

Odoo's development team have detailed a guide to get long polling to function by editing the Nginx configuration files within the Sites-Enabled folder (usr/sites-enabled). This will crash the Nginx program within our DSM, leaving us to remove the edits made to keep the DSM functioning.

Has anyone successfully set up Odoo with one or more workers set and got longpolling to work (accessible via the RP configuration)?

Any examples or advice welcomed

Has anyone successfully set up Odoo with one or more workers set and got longpolling to work (accessible via the RP configuration)?
In this case it might be best to stop using syno RP and use a custom nginx that will allow you to add a custom host file and configure it for multiple ports and endpoints as you need it.

Perhaps this solution would be a better fit for this particular need - NGINX proxy manager

In this case it might be best to stop using syno RP and use a custom nginx that will allow you to add a custom host file and configure it for multiple ports and endpoints as you need it.

Perhaps this solution would be a better fit for this particular need - NGINX proxy manager
Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.