Currently reading
400 bad request in shlink links from public network

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Despite resolving the issues I had by accessing via shlink namely, connection refused on most browsers, as described here. But this time, there is a 400 bad request in every browser call from public network only. Shlink calls from private network are not affected.

Some searching leads me to a section in shlink documentation but refers a 404 error. There is no references for exact 400 errors. So this is the closest help I got: Shlink - The URL shortener — Documentation.

But maybe my thoughts are wrong. Maybe the issue is related with this situation where 400 bad request is mentioned: Shlink - The URL shortener — Documentation

I did read somewhere else that shlink must be configured additionally to handle non-common domains as is in the case by reverse proxy with .cc domain. Don't know if this make sense.

Again, I gathered some info here and there, but don't have tech knowledge enough put a solution in practice.
Please, I need help to get rid of this issue in particular to I finally put shlink to serve to something real.

Thank you.

Solution
bjsa.cc points to the same IP address as bjamsa.myds.me now. However, using bjsa.cc gives a warning that its not safe but if accept it, I can reach your web station. It’s because of the certificate. It’s issued for bjamsa.myds.me
Look it is issued.
1617650095599.png

Which one do you want to use?

View attachment 3358
-- post merged: --

View attachment 3359

Sorry. What I meant above is that if I use https://s1.bjsa.cc I can get to your web station after I accept the risk.

View attachment 3360

Here’s a suggestion (since I remember you saying that don’t care if it’s http).

Change the Reverse Proxy settings (your screenshot above) under source to:
Protocol http...
The only way I think it would be possible instead is setting it in DMZ.

Have you ever had such an experience or heard about it how to get it to work satisfactorily or even if it would be recommended to be used it so from the security point of view?
Have a search of the forum here and use keyword DMZ. We've quite a few threads on this.

Upvote 0
Have you ever had such an experience or heard about it how to get it to work satisfactorily or even if it would be recommended to be used it so from the security point of view?
I’ve never tried it, but I might on a certain installation that we have. Don’t know when though.

If you’ll be looking for a powerful router to place in the DMZ, check the EdgeRouter X. But be aware that it’s not your ordinary off-the-shelf kind of router. Very powerful and versatile at a reasonable price (but no WiFi). To make use of the power you’ll need to know what you’re doing. See some videos on YouTube if you’re interested before buying.

Upvote 0
I’ve never tried it, but I might on a certain installation that we have. Don’t know when though.

If you’ll be looking for a powerful router to place in the DMZ, check the EdgeRouter X. But be aware that it’s not your ordinary off-the-shelf kind of router. Very powerful and versatile at a reasonable price (but no WiFi). To make use of the power you’ll need to know what you’re doing. See some videos on YouTube if you’re interested before buying.
Certainly will take a look, but I'd like to have a router with wifi capability anyway, in fact this is the main reason why I want a new router, wifi beyond 2,4 mhz.

Upvote 0
in fact this is the main reason why I want a new router, wifi beyond 2,4 mhz.
If that's the only reason, you can find some good access points and wire connect them to the current router (the ports on the back should be capable of supporting gigabit Ethernet) to provide good WiFi. You should be able to switch off the radio signal on the ISP's router (I think it's under WLAN).

Hopefully, someone more up to date of what's available in the market helps with some recommendations.

Just another (maybe easier) option to consider instead of going with the DMZ.

Upvote 0
If that's the only reason, you can find some good access points and wire connect them to the current router (the ports on the back should be capable of supporting gigabit Ethernet) to provide good WiFi. You should be able to switch off the radio signal on the ISP's router (I think it's under WLAN).

Hopefully, someone more up to date of what's available in the market helps with some recommendations.

Just another (maybe easier) option to consider instead of going with the DMZ.
Hi, a little late, but thanks for your tip. Meanwhile I looked with more attention to what I own at home considering wifi connection and its configuration. Actually alongside with the 2.4 Ghz signal there is also a 5 Ghz, that came with a devolo adapter I bought 5 years ago. Don't ask me why I didn't see this before, I'm getting old quickly :oops:
To extend the wifi signal to other rooms, I got a devolo 1200ac, but due to sometimes weak signals, the connected device switched to a stronger wifi signal that unfortunately is the 2.4 GHz one. And I thought from the beginning the culprit could be the router :LOL:

I did new adjustments as you recommended by disabling router wifi, and in devolo adapter disabling all 2.4 GHz. In addition I disabled the wifi from my TV Android which served me as an AP to a particular room with weak reception, but what I did not perceived at that moment the connection was replicated from 5 GHz (devolo) to 2.4 GHz (TV Android). My bad. Now after correction the wifi signal increased 5 times! and I regained the wifi reception on TV.

Thus, I postpone the acquisition of a new router for a more distant future.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.