User introduction 72 year Old F*rt Getting to Grips with the Synology DS219Plus NAS

Currently reading
User introduction 72 year Old F*rt Getting to Grips with the Synology DS219Plus NAS

I love the benefits of applying new technology to many areas of my life but trying to understand the technology does sometimes make me want to scream with frustration, particularly when I have followed the instructions to the letter. So in order, I hope, to stop me getting into another state - which inevitably is only resolved by getting my wallet out, I thought I would ask advice before I make my next move.

My DS218+ is linked to the internet by a Synology Router - everyone said how much easier it would be having two items from the same manufacturer - £90 from my wallet proves there is always an exception to the rule. I am now replacing my computer for a new one which hopefully arrives next Monday so my question is, do I need to prepare in advance or is it hopefully just plug the cables into the back of the PC and hopefully find the network? My NAS sits on the desktop and is backed up each day to an external HD.

Any advice, videos etc would be gratefully received.

Best wishes

Mike

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.