NAS Compares Best Plex NAS to Buy for over £2000 in 2021

Currently reading
NAS Compares Best Plex NAS to Buy for over £2000 in 2021

Last edited by a moderator:

Top 3 NAS Drives for Plex Media Server for £2000​

The one barrier that stands between you and your perfect Plex media server is the amount you are prepared to pay for the hardware that the server utilizes and, in short, the scale of the NAS drive you purchase. NAS Drives have fast become one of the most popular ways in which people create their own ‘set-up and forget’ Plex media server and previously we have discussed the best Plex Nas for £500-1000. However in order to truly have a uncompromising Plex media server that will comfortably stream 1080p and 4K media to multiple client devices at once (at a variety of scalable quality levels) requires a noticeably larger investment and today I want to discuss my top 3 NAS drives for £2000 THAT will provide the very best Plex media server for you, your family and friends in 2021. Let’s take a look.

Synology-DS1621XS-NAS-DRIVE-10Gbe-300x175.png

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Plex doesn't get any benefit from the 2021 line, apart from pure storage... and a 2011 line can do that.

Add in a real-time transcoding requirement, and you should be using a NUC, not a NAS.

OK for pre-2021... but the OP's says this about the DS1621xs+

But ultimately if you’ve committed to a desktop Synology solution because of DSM, the brand’s high reputation and that spec sheet – you will genuinely struggle to find a more powerful and equipped desktop NAS from this company right now.

In contrast... Plex compatibility says this...
kfqtjFy.png

I sense some discrepancy here 🙈

OK for pre-2021... but the OP's says this about the DS1621xs+

In contrast... Plex compatibility says this...
kfqtjFy.png

I sense some discrepancy here 🙈
The table is correct in this situation. This CPU is shit for transcoding and any other form of Plex usage other than direct play.

If we put that quote in terms that go beyond Plex, that might be correct (in the DS segment).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.