NordVPN and Proxy in Docker for local network

Currently reading
NordVPN and Proxy in Docker for local network

Last edited:
Ok just to clarify why I'm now looking into the Joentje/Nordvpn-proxy docker image. It's because this docker combination:

dannydirect/tinyproxy
azinchen/nordvpn

Doesn't really feel good on performance. It feels like resolving DNS or hostnames of websites takes quite a while. So if I would browse to a website with alot of ads, thats alot of DNS entries to resolve. (when using a proxy, DNS resolving is done by the proxy server).

So I noticed joentje/nordvpn-proxy uses privoxy builtin the container to provide proxy servers on the network. So have now attached container splazit/privoxy-alpine to the network of the azinchen/nordvpn containers . So now trying this out by connecting to NordVPN trough this proxy (runs on port 8118). Hope it works a bit better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.